
So, one of the selfish reasons that I was pushing for a VBAC this time around was to minimize the time we'd be away from Isabel. Turns out, it didn't matter because due to some complications, we ended up staying 4 nights anyway!
Because he was born so late at night, we didn't have any visitors until the next morning. It was awesome to introduce Isabel to her new baby brother, Miles. It was something I played over in my head time and time again. She was a bit shocked, but was really excited to sit next to him.



In general, things were very different this time around when it came to visiting. They only let us have two people in a room at a time, so everyone was quite brief with their visits. The good news was that it gave Daddy and I some time to bond with our new son. We were exhausted, though, so it was mostly catching up on sleep.
Miles meets Nana


We were elated to bring Miles home...Isabel didn't feel the same way. This is going to take some getting used to!
About 5 minutes later, she tried to rip him out of my arms by his foot...we've rocked her world. One day she'll thank us for giving her a sibling (I hope).






No comments:
Post a Comment