Monday, December 27, 2010

Catch up Post 3: Christmas Celebrations 2010

(Entry recorded on 31Aug2011)

Isabel's second Christmas season was busy, but at least we didn't have to drive in from Madison and we got to sleep in our own house the night of Christmas Eve. It was so awesome to get ready for Santa to come with Isabel and have her wake up on Christmas morning and see the presents that Santa had left for her. I obviously have many more pictures than I'll include here, but I'll try to leave a small sampling. It was a GREAT Holiday :)


Christmas #1 (Christmas Eve at Grandma and Papa's house)




This was followed by Christmas Eve #2 with Greg's extended family AND Christmas Eve #3 with my extended family (somehow the camera didn't make it out for either of these).

Once we finally made it home, we had some preparations to get ready for Santa's visit.

We don't have a chimney in our new house, so Grandma found us a key so Santa could let himself in. (There ain't no chimneys in the ghetto ;)

One of Isabel's favorite holiday traditions is the Countdown calendar. Daddy and Isabel split their last chocolate of the season.

A very tired Mommy and Isabel set out the cookies and milk for Santa



Daddy and Isabel checking out what Santa left after his snack. He can't be expected to eat all of the cookies at every stop!

Finally, our first Christmas morning at home since we've been married. We were so, so happy! Here are some pictures capturing Isabel opening her presents. I can't tell who is happiest




Christmas #4 (Christmas Day at Nana's house)

Family Christmas photo (I don't really look pregnant, just totally fat!) In this photo I was about 4 months along!


Christmas night we spent at Grandpa's house. Isabel and he watched "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" while wrapped in the Snuggie. She was so wired, it was close to impossible to get her to sleep. One thing I don't think we'll ever forget was the singing of "Frosty the Snowman" like chipmunks with her holding our noses :)
Christmas #5 (Mexi-Christmas the day after Christmas at Grandpa's house). Very low key, very relaxing, we needed this.


No comments:

Post a Comment