Friday, March 27, 2009

Our First Trip back home...

Today we made our first trip back home to Chicago. We timed it so I fed Izzy right before we left and then we crossed our fingers that we'd make it back home without a major crisis in the back seat. About an hour into the drive, I pumped so that if we did have a crisis that it could be quickly tended to by me moving into the back seat and feeding Izzy from a bottle while we continued our drive. Well, I am happy to report that we made it about 2 hours before Izzy woke up and was screaming. We simply pulled off at the nearest exit and stopped in the first parking lot. I jumped in the back seat with Delilah and Izzy (it was a tight fit) and fed her while Greg continued on our trip. She finished her bottle and was happy for the last 30 minutes of our drive. It was a success!

First stop was at Grandma and Grandpa H's house. They were so excited to see Izzy. We visited for a few hours and ate some snacks. We were able to get Delilah settled in for her weekend stay in the basement apartment and see the Grandchild room. We tried to relax a little knowing it was going to be a busy weekend...


Next stop, Grandma M's house and more excitement. We arrived there around dinner time and enjoyed some Gyros, saw the Grandchild room here as well, and visited with Aunt Annie. We tried to figure out how everything would work for our first overnight stay outside of our home. Things ended up working out wonderfully and I am happy to report that Isabel had a good night with a sleeping pattern just like the one she has at home. Now let's hope things go smoothly tomorrow night...

No comments:

Post a Comment