Sunday, July 12, 2009

Play date for Izzy...real date for Mom and Dad

Saturday, Greg and I got to spend the day out together....alone! It has been a while...I think the last time we went out was when Izzy was 2 months old. We went out in celebration of our 4 year anniversary. Grandma and Grandpa H. had baby (and doggie) duty.

Grandma H. has baby duty...Grandpa H. has doggie duty!
They arrived in the early afternoon and Greg and I started out our date day by going to see The Hangover. It was quite a funny flick and we laughed a lot.

We then headed to downtown Madison. We walked around the Capital Square at the Art Fair and took a stroll to the top of Monona Terrace. We enjoyed the view and the nice weather. Then we headed to Restaurant Muramoto (a Japanese fusion restaurant) for dinner. We loved that restaurant the last 2 times we were there and were also impressed with this visit. They have some stranger things on the menu, but neither one of us has a problem trying anything once. Greg enjoyed Beef Carpaccio while I enjoyed some seared Scallops. Then we had a Mango, Duck, Avacado Roll and Braised Rabbit. We rounded out the meal with a lovely dessert of Strawberry Spring Rolls with Honey Ginger Ice Cream. We were both very satisfied with our anniversary dinner.

Mary and Greg in downtown Madison, WI in front of the Capital

After dinner, we took a stroll down State Street and contemplated seeing a second movie. That movie was not playing until 9:45 pm...and I think we must be either getting old or sleep deprived because we agreed that getting home around 1:00 am was too late for us. We stopped at McDonalds and got some shakes and then headed home. We were happy to get the report that Izzy had a great time with her Grandparents.

On Sunday morning, Izzy was excited to see that her guests were still here!
Greg and his Dad went golfing and his Mom and I hung out around the house with Izzy. We got brunch at our favorite local restaurant, Granite City, and then brought them to the Art Fair downtown.

Izzy in her pretty White and Purple Dress!

No comments:

Post a Comment