Friday, February 20, 2009

Isabel's Birthday!

Today's the day that I will be induced. We arrived at Meriter Hospital at 7:00 am. We got sent on our way as the ward was too full and Greg enjoyed a big breakfast at Mickey's Dairy Bar. We drove around waiting for the doctor to get back to us and once she did, we headed off to triage for an evaluation to see if we could be admitted. They tried to make us wait until Monday to be induced, but after some begging and pleading, we were admitted. The induction began around noon and until thing really started getting going, our parents stayed in the birthing suite with us. After labor was progressing, Greg and I were there alone. I'd like to think I was nice to everyone, but apparently, I was not so friendly with the anesthesiologist. (What can a woman do when she's in that much pain!) After I received the epidural, I rested confortably for about an hour and a half until it was time to push already. I pushed for about 90 minutes before the doctor said that there was no way that baby's head was getting past my tailbone, so we headed to the OR for a c-section. Isabel Jane was born at 9:53 pm. She weighed 9 lbs., 13 oz. and was 21 1/2 i nches long. (Perhaps that c-section was a blessing in disguise!) When Greg brought her to me, I said, "that's not what a newborn looks like!". She was huge, but beautiful! We were so happy that our baby was finally here--and healthy! Check out the pictures of new parents with baby Isabel!

No comments:

Post a Comment