Izzy waking up for her big day!



Grandma M. arrived about 9:15 am and I started to go over everything she would need to get through the first part of the day while I was at work. Where everything was, how much to feed and when, how we heat up the bottle, what she liked to do, where and when she took naps, where to take a walk (since it was scheduled to be 84 degrees!), how to use the car seat in the stroller and the car, where extra clothes were....I didn't take into account how many things I'd have to go over. I ended up leaving for work at 10:45 am, which was only about 15 minutes late. Not to bad for the first time leaving Izzy with someone who wasn't me or Greg.
Izzy had her doctor's appointment scheduled for 3:30 pm and I didn't get off work until 3:00 pm, so I had Grandma M. meet me at the doctor's office with Izzy. I told her to leave by 3:05 pm, so she would have no problems getting there on time even if she left late. I arrived there about 3:15 pm and waited for them to arrive. She called about 3:20 pm and said she was out in the country and told me she must have missed the street she was supposed to turn on. I was so confused because the street ends at the University, so she couldn't be out in the country...then it dawned on me that I must have told her to go the wrong way when she got off at the exit! Stupid North and South exits...
They arrived about 3:40 pm (not too late for going many miles in the wrong direction). Izzy got called in right away and got weighed and measured. She is 12 lbs 12 oz and 24 1/2 inches already! Daddy send me with a hug and kiss for Izzy since he couldn't get away from work and with all of the support, she was quite the trooper getting her shots. The nurse was really good too as she gave her all 3 injections in a matter of about 5 seconds! Grandma M. thought once she cried, that there were still 2 more to go. I picked up Izzy and held her in my arms, gave her a kiss, and bounced a little and she was better in about 10 seconds. I think shots are more traumatic for the parents...
Once we got home, I gave her some Tylenol to prevent any fever and fussiness. We hung out at home for a little while before Greg got home from work. We took care of getting Izzy ready for the evening and headed out on our date. We went and got Sushi for dinner, stopped at our favorite bakery to get donuts for breakfast on Saturday, went to Dairy Queen so I could get a blizzard (the baby weight will come off eventually...), and headed to the movies. We saw State of Play. Don't ask me how it was because I probably missed half of it dozing off...
When we were walking to the car after the movie, Greg said that he was going to be sad that Izzy was already asleep. He didn't get his usual hang out time with her. They are bonding so much already.
We arrived home about 11:30 pm and Grandma M. told us that everything went well. She drank her whole 4 oz bottle and went right to sleep after getting wrapped in her Swaddle Me blanket. I was worried Izzy would give her a hard time and was happy that it was an easy time for her.
Greg and I enjoyed ourselves and a little bit of time alone, but it was weird being without Izzy. We are already used to it being the 3 of us!
No comments:
Post a Comment