Sunday, April 26, 2009

Weekend recap...

Saturday morning I got up, paid some bills, and ate breakfast with my mom.

Greg got up Saturday morning, ate donuts, worked for a little bit on his computer, and played with Delilah.

Deli likes to be held facing out too! (Can't you tell?)


Then we got started with a major project...cleaning the house!

I had not had an opportunity to really get the house cleaned since about 2 weeks after Izzy was born, when it was MUCH easier to take care of her (and she slept a lot more!). The goal was to get the basement, living room, and kitchen cleaned. We started about 8:30 am and didn't stop until about 3:00 pm, but it did get done. Grandma M. took Izzy while she was not eating and I did the majority of the cleaning. When she was eating, my mom was such a great help by picking up where I left off with the cleaning. We even had a chance to head to JoAnn to get some baskets for organizing.

Izzy getting spoiled by sleeping in Grandma M.'s arms


We were having some friends over Saturday evening for a potluck and I told Greg that I was just going to serve Parmesan toast crackers with cheese. He asked me if there was something wrong with me and if I was feeling OK. I asked why and he responded by saying that it was not like me to bring something so easy to an event. I told him that I did not want to stress out too much with cleaning the house, taking care of Izzy, and making an elaborate dish for the potluck. He made me feel like what I had planned on wasn't enough and so I asked my mom to make this delicious Buffalo Chicken Dip appetizer, which she did and it rocked!

Mom and Izzy relaxing before our guests arrived


Grandma M. headed home and our friends started to arrive about an hour later. It was a nice small gathering (9 of us total, including Isabel). They left shortly after I headed upstairs to put Izzy to sleep. After that, Greg and I watched some TV (actually I slept) and went to bed earlier than usual.

Sunday we all slept in and tried to head to our favorite restaurant for Brunch, but it was too crowded so we just ate lunch at home. We hung out as a family for a while.

Dad and Izzy watching the Bulls game (or napping)


Early this afternoon, Greg went to work and Izzy and I hung out at home. I finished up folding the laundry (yea!!!). Our friend, Mark, came over to drop off a print he had framed for Izzy. It is the cutest! It is a brontosaurus and giraffe hugging...we can't wait to hang it. Maybe tomorrow, since Izzy is already asleep.

We ordered pizza for dinner and although it was not the greatest, it was edible. Currently Greg is in the basement listening to records, Izzy and Deli are sleeping in our bedroom, the cats are causing trouble in the office, and I am typing away on the blog.

I am glad I don't have to work until 10:30 am tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment