Today was my last day of Maternity leave. After doing routine things around the house this morning, Izzy and I went to Macy's and walked around the nice outdoor mall. It was a beautiful day outside...might have even exceeded 70 degrees! We exchanged an outfit that didn't fit and got a super cute Ralph Lauren pink Polo dress to wear once it gets a little warmer that was a steal at $4.99 and Mommy bought some makeup since it was Clinique bonus time.We returned home in the middle of the afternoon and just hung out until Daddy got home around dinner time. I figured out a way to put Izzy in the Baby Bjorn carrier so that I could have both hands free to take Delilah potty and pick up her mess. It worked well, but I had to find an interesting way to bend down so that Izzy did not fall out of the top. I just ended up kneeling and then standing straight up. Izzy seemed to enjoy the weather today, but had a bit of a hard time opening her eyes because the sun was so bright. I had an idea...

Grandma M had given Izzy some sun goggles and today would be the perfect day to try them out. They have a velcro strap so they are able to stay on even if she moves her head around. They just barely fit her (a little big) but it worked. I knew that Daddy was on his way home and that he would be wearing his sunglasses as well, so we could get a great photo. I succeeded! Greg thought she looked super funny in them and slightly alien-like.
I made dinner completely on the grill. While it was cooking Greg decided that Izzy should try out riding on many different things. First it was his bike (no picture of that), but then he tried the dog. We got a funny picture of Delilah going around Greg's legs while he held Izzy over her back. It was awesome fun for everyone. Once dinner was done, Greg and I took shifts trying to get Izzy to fall asleep and eating. It worked and at each of us got to eat part of our meal while it was warm.Now we finally got Izzy to sleep in her bouncy chair, but since one of us forgot to turn off the vibration feature, it is out of batteries. I am bouncing it with my foot right now...
Here's a cute picture of Greg feeding Izzy (with Delilah's help, of course)
No comments:
Post a Comment