Thursday, April 9, 2009

Today was a zoo day!

Today was a beautiful day outside (about 55 and sunny). We started the day off with a meeting with a financial planner to see what would be the best way to start saving for Isabel's future. She slept through most of it and then woke up because she didn't get in a full breakfast before we had to left. I fed her while we finished the meeting and she was content until we had to put her back into the carrier to go. She screamed through that and hopefully we didn't interrupt the banker talking on the phone next to us that much...

We thought it was too nice of a day to spend it inside, so Mommy and Izzy conned Daddy into taking us to lunch before he went to work for the day. After dropping Daddy off at work, we stopped at the pet store to get Deli some treats and dropped off Deli's poop at the vet for some examining. Her daycare requires that fecals are done every 6 months so we needed to make sure we got this taken care of pronto. Delilah would be heartbroken if she couldn't see her friends twice a week!

After stopping at the vet, we went to Mother Baby Hour (MBH). Today's topic was "Returning to Work and Finding Childcare". It was a good discussion and made me realize how I only have 10 days until I have to go back to work. I am going to be working half days for a month and Greg will be home with Izzy until I return to work full time mid-May. It is going to be so strange working again since I haven't worked in the office since Thanksgiving. Though it will be nice to see some of my coworkers, I am going to miss my little girl! She'll be in good hands (and I'll only be 10 minutes away in times of crisis).

After MBH, we picked up Dad at work and headed to the zoo. There is a great free zoo only a few minutes from campus, so even if we were only there for a short while, it would be fun and so nice to enjoy the weather. She really only showed interest in the brown bear...but we saw many other animals there. We were there for about 45 minutes and by the time we left, she was passed out. I'm sure there will be many more trips to the zoo as Izzy gets older. Here are some great pictures that we got while we were there.

Look I am an Orangutan!

Mommy and Izzy by the Penguins


Izzy is not happy being a Penguin (she much prefered the Orangutan)


One tired little baby...but comfy and cozy in Daddy's arms!


Look at us, the perfect pair...


1 comment:

  1. What a fun blog to follow and I can't wait to see Izzy again soon. Hope your first Easter together as a threesome was perfect.

    ReplyDelete