Sunday, May 3, 2009

Izzy's first Carousel ride

Before anyone gets any ideas...no we did not take our newborn to a carnival!

I started the day by looking on Facebook and two quizzes caught my eye. The first one was a predictor for how many kids one would have. My results gave me two, a boy and a girl. Not the answer I was looking for, as I'd like to have 3 (or more), but just what Greg says he would like. Then I looked even further and found a quiz on what's your parenting style. The results yielded a result of "Kind of Crunchy", which made me angry. So angry that I didn't even post the results (although some of it was true)! Madison cannot be making me into anything close to a hippy!

I them made some totally delicious corned beef hash (not the stuff from the can). We enjoyed breakfast and got ready to start running some errands and enjoying the beautiful day. Our first stop was Macy's to take advantage of our 25% Friends and Family saving card thanks to my cousin, Ashley. I got a cute skirt that I'm sure I'll wear a lot this summer. We made a quick stop at a dumpy record store, where Izzy and I sat in the car and then we headed to Ella's Deli. It is a restaurant on the east side of Madison that has many toys and gadgets moving all over the restaurant and a Carousel outside. The food was great and Izzy and I really enjoyed the ride. Daddy got some great pictures of us!













After we finished up with the Carousel ride, we headed over to another record store, where Daddy spent some time browsing and Mommy and Izzy hit some of the local shops. We went to Wild Child, Orange Tree Imports, and Trader Joe's. Izzy really started to get hungry when we were finishing up at Trader Joe's and it was such a nice day, that I decided to plop down on the grass outside Trader Joe's and nurse her while we were waiting for Dad to finish up at the record store across the street. I did use my Peanut Shell, so it's not like anything was exposed, but as I sat there, I began thinking...maybe that Facebook quiz was right after all...

No comments:

Post a Comment