Saturday, May 16, 2009

Morning with Grandma M., Izzy's first wedding, and Grandma & Grandpa H. babysit

This morning we celebrated Mother's Day with Grandma M. She always wants Izzy to wear headbands so that she looks more like a girl. I was determined to get a good picture of her holding Izzy wearing a headband. Now maybe she'll treasure this photo forever and we won't have to hear about the headbands every time she sees her!


We headed got ready for our friends Dan and Missy's wedding. We planned to bring Izzy to the ceremony and then Grandma and Grandpa H. were going to watch her for the reception. We kept her in her comfy clothes until we got into the church parking lot. I fed her in the car and then got Izzy in her fancy dress with matching headband (see photo above) and white patent leather Mary Jane's.

We headed into the church and found seats towards the back in case she started to get fussy. We were seated about 5-10 minutes prior to the start of the wedding. Within the first 5 minutes, she puked all over her dress and my dress (good thing I brought two!). I cleaned that up with a sweatshirt I had in her diaper bag and she was quietly sitting on my lap. Then, a few minutes later, she took a huge poop...and I didn't know from the smell or fussing. She so eloquently grunted followed by a series of blast off farts. I quickly whisked her away to the bathroom to change her. We took care of that and headed into the church right after the bride walked down the aisle. We sat down and then again, she gave me a smelly present. Back to the bathroom we went... We stayed in the hallway for a while following this as she was getting a bit fussy, but really not too bad. We were able to go back in for the end of the ceremony. We enjoyed showing our darling off to some of our friends who hadn't had the chance to meet her yet and then headed over the Grandma and Grandpa H.'s.

Grandma and Grandpa H. were eagerly awaiting Izzy's arrival. I fed her, changed into my other dress, and headed off to the reception (or a date as we thought of it). The reception was absolutely beautiful and we had a great time caching up with friends we hadn't seen in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment